The 10.7.1 update includes improvements in many key areas. Highlights include the following:
- Three new languages are now supported: Ukrainian, Arabic, and Hebrew. Now if your locale is set to one of these languages, dashboards will honor this setting.
- Category Selectors, when configured to allow multiple selections, can now include a None option. This allows users to quickly unselect many items at once.
- More formatting options are now available when elements show No Data or No Value.
- New icons are available for indicator and header elements.
The legacy Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Windows app was moved to a retired state on January 1, 2019. It has been replaced with the Operations Dashboard web app. The legacy app created operation view items. The web app creates dashboard items. In ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, you can no longer create or edit operation views. Existing operation views will be marked as deprecated in your portal and will be available as read-only items. At the next major release of ArcGIS Enterprise after 10.7, operation views will no longer be accessible.
The 10.7 update includes new features and improvements in many key areas. Highlights include the following:
- New actions of Show Pop-up and Follow Feature
- Pie chart improvements
- More control over numerical formatting for the legend, label, and hover text
- Configurable label and legend text size
- Serial chart improvements
- Support for logarithmic scaling
- Grouped value serial charts now have a configurable maximum number of categories
- New rotation setting for axis titles
- The new dashboard-level settings allow you to change colors for the background, borders, elements, tabs and selections.
- The symbol used for a unit prefix can also be changed through the dashboard-level settings.
- New flexibility in dashboard configuration through URL Parameters. Once configured, URL Parameters are designed to trigger actions at run time. The following parameter types are available:
- Hub icons are now available for indicator and header elements.
- Improved authoring experience for category selectors.
- New option to control the list selection color.
- Dashboards are now viewable on mobile phones. Authors should take care to design dashboards that will work well in a reduced form factor. Limiting the number of elements displayed, judicious use of text, and taking advantage of a dashboard's ability to group and stack elements are all key considerations.
Operations Dashboard is now included as part of the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 installation.
- Serial chart andPie chartcan now be the source of dashboard actions.
- The new embedded content element allows you to embed documents, images, video, or other web content into your dashboard.
- The indicator and gauge elements now have a single-feature mode.
- There's a new option for dashboards that contain subscriber content.
- The map element now includes a scale bar and search function.
- Set a dashboard's locale using a URL parameter.
- The indicator element now supports over 100 new icons.
- The header element can use indicator icons as logos.
- Various usability improvements for dashboard authors have been made, including adding the ability to control the text shown on dashboard elements when no data is available.
The next generation experience of Operations Dashboard was released with ArcGIS Enterprise10.6. This was a major release that includes support for the following:
- Author dashboards completely in the browser. There's no need to download and install a Windows app anymore. You can launch Operations Dashboard from your ArcGIS organization. You can also browse and manage your dashboards within your ArcGIS organizational content, or on the dashboard home page.
- Configure highly interactive dashboards composed of charts, gauges, maps, and other visual elements that communicate with each other.
- Use better maps, with support for smart mapping, heat map renderers, vector basemaps, stream layers, and labels. You can also use Arcade expressions to enhance map labels and symbology, as well as create custom pop-up content.
- Create sophisticated charts of various types and styles, including multiseries, combination, stacked, and 100 percent stacked charts. You can also match the colors in your charts with the colors of your map symbols.
- Design powerful layouts with grouping and stacking.
- Get revamped data visualizations with attractive and intuitive default styles, as well as additional options to customize the look and feel of your dashboard, such as custom HTML, unit prefixing, and date formatting.
- Leverage improved date-based filtering.